Consignment Terms & Conditions
Mercado 32 Pty, Ltd
ABN 70 607 156 203
- At Mercado 32, we sell items on your behalf. You will need to present some form of government issued photo ID to our staff to set up your account.
- Mercado 32, in its sole discretion, sets the price on all items and we do not guarantee any prices. We will take all commercially reasonable efforts to market and sell your items, including the occasional sale or in-store promotion.
- At the time of drop off, you will receive an estimated processing date on which we will contact you by email with the itemised list of clothing we have accepted into stock and their prices. Any unaccepted items will not be listed on your account. We ask that you check your email on that day to view this list. NOTE: If you have not received an email from us by your processing date please contact us immediately.
- Your items are in store for 60 days and we reserve the right to adjust the asking price at any time. The 60-day consignment period starts from the date listed on your itemised intake list.
- Upon sale of your item, we will pay you your choice of either 25% cash or 40% store trade credit of the final selling price, ex GST. You must present your photo ID to receive payment. Cash payment of under $100 will be made in-store by cash; payments over $100 will be made by bank transfer. Mercado 32 reserves the right to defer payment for up to seven working days, but this would only be in the case of a large payout request.
- Clothes left with us to process, but not accepted into stock will only be kept for 7 days from the start date on your itemised intake list. Items uncollected after 7 days may be donated or on-sold at our sole discretion and will incur a $5 storage fee that will be charged to your account.
- You can withdraw your clothes at any time, but you must do so before their expiry date provided on your itemised intake list. To do so you, you must locate your items in store and notify a staff member, who will then manually adjust your account. This excludes items on lay-by.
- Immediately after the end date of the consignment period (60 days), all unsold garments will be kept for 7 days and we will attempt to contact you via email. All garments not reclaimed by you within 7 days of the end of the consignment period will be disposed of at our sole discretion. At times, this may include being resold.
- Clothes will be only taken into stock on the basis that you accept all risk of loss or damage (including shoplifting) while their clothes are with us. We will, however, exercise reasonable care with your items at all times.
- It is your responsibility to eliminate any items with visible defects or stains before consigning them. We reserve the right to donate any items found to have noticeable stains, defects, chips or flaws or any items that have been recalled.
- We reserve the right to on occasion use your items for promotional purpose.
- As the Owner, you attest to the authenticity of all consigned items, and have not knowingly requested the resale of counterfeit goods. Items deemed to be counterfeits will either be returned to you for a $50 handling fee or be destroyed and discarded. You attest that you have legal title to and are in legal possession of all items that are being consigned.
- We ask the owner to take sole responsibility at all times for keeping in contact with Mercado 32 to determine if their clothes have been accepted into stock, sold, for collecting any payments due and uplifting any items they may want back. Payments must be collected or redeemed with in two (2) years of the date of sale.
PLEASE NOTE: If you sold to us between November 2015 and 30 June 2018 under our old intake system and received store credit, that store credit has a validity date of 6 (six) months from the date of issue per the Terms & Conditions in place during that time period. If you have any questions about your credit status, please contact us in writing, firstname.lastname@example.org